INGREDIENTS: SERVES 8
- 8 150g boneless individual cod portions
- 2 onions
- 6 peppers
- 4 fl oz italian extra virgin olive oil
- 2large pinches of Fairway Assured garlic granules
- 2 Fairway Assured bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Good pinch of Fairway Assured crushed chilli
- 12 Fairway Assured peeled plum tomatoes/well drained
- Aged balsamic and a few fresh basil leaves torn up to serve
- Slice onions and peppers about 5mm thick and place in a sauce pan with olive oil, bay leaves, thyme and crushed garlic.
- Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the onion becomes transelucent.
- Meanwhile de-seed the tomatoes and chop roughly.
- When the onion and pepper mix is cooked add the freshly cut tomatoes.
- Season with salt and chilli flakes.
- Place your individual cod portions on a buttered non-stick oven proof tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a hot oven at 160 degrees for 12-15 mins.
- Place a generous spoonful of peperonata in the middle of a warm plate.
- Place a portion of the cod on top.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of aged balsamic and a sprinkle of torn fresh basil.